The technology mission at Saint John Paul II Catholic School is to provide students with a solid technology- integrated education. Developing 21st century skills is essential for today’s students to meet state standards, perform on assessments, and be college and career ready. SJP2 is committed to utilizing technology by providing access to digital tools in all classes.
- Students in grades 1-8 utilize Chromebooks in the classroom and also use Macs and Windows based machines in labs.
- Students in grades 3-8 are issued a Google for Education account that provides access to email for communication with teachers, staff and SJP2 students. Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and other cloud tools are available for use.
- Shared technology lab with desktop computers for all students
- Shared iPads and laptops for centers in grades K-2
- Smart TVs and/or SmartBoard interactive whiteboards in grades K-2
A critical focus of a 21st century school is the integration of technology into the students’ learning environment. Technology is incorporated throughout our curriculum as a fundamental tool which enhances learning and mastery. Today’s students need to develop critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration and other 21st century skills to excel in our digital world. Inquiry–based learning uses a project-based approach to integrating technology into core instruction. With technology projects in ELA, math, science, social studies and religion, our inquiry provides opportunities to build 21st century skills that will serve students well in high school, college, and in life.
Saint John Paul II Catholic School
4341 W Homosassa Trail, Lecanto, FL 34461